Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Wins Presidency

Congrats to Obama for winning the presidency last night. I'm glad it wasn't a long and drawn out election like those of past. It's a very historic and monumental moment in American history and I am glad to have witnessed it. From here, Obama definitely has his work cut out for him and I hope he keeps all the long-winded promises he made on the campaign trail (i.e. tax cuts for the middle class mainly). I personally thought we are all going to see our taxes go up even if McCain won. Regardless, I always stand behind our President!

As for the markets, futures are pointing slightly down this morning. I think that we are about to see some selling at the end of this week. Obama promised to raise capital gains tax, so most investors will be selling out of their positions to book gains (or what's left of them) before the tax year ends. The dollar is showing some strength which is good so that we can get back into our "short dollar" strategy with better prices. Happy Trading!