Friday, November 14, 2008

Freddie Mac Reports Record Loss, Futures Decline

Good Morning! I'm hoping today won't be as exciting as yesterday was because I think we all need a little break, even if it's just for a day or two. Freddie Mac came out with horrible earnings and who didn't see that one coming right? Also, JCPenny's profit fell 52% which is horrible news for the retail sector considering they are one of the largest and oldest companies around.

The market put together a very nice bounce and re-test of the October lows yesterday. In addition, all the charts showed another huge bullish engulfing pattern (see chart below). From here I hope we just keep moving up, as I am getting whipsaw from all these daily moves. 9,500 should be a safe up-side target over the next couple of weeks.



As far as the GBP long play I have, I'm still holding on tight. It's just gotten creamed over the last month or so and frankly its due for at least a modest bounce. The hammer pattern yesterday I think set in the short term bottom and I'm looking for this to make its way back to 1.53 at the very least. Granted we will also probably need some upside moves in the equity markets to help, but if it goes lower I will just add to my position.

Keep a steady head out there and tighten those stops up. In this type of market you could make or lose thousands in a couple hours. So, if your not able to watch the movements, please make sure you have adequate stops on your positions. Happy Trading!