Tuesday, February 3, 2009

S&P Rallies 1.5%+ After Heavy Flow Of Earnings

This market continues to amaze me each and everyday. I thought we would for sure be knocking at the 8,000 door today but not break through it like we did. Still, I remain hesitant that this is a mere short term (or even one day) correction in the broader downtrend move. I'm not going to argue that we are very over-sold, but the health of the economy is still terrible. As for my portfolio, I made some big moves today as members know. While I still remained fairly hedge, I have accumulated some rather large positions in anticipation of a major market move over the next couple of weeks. Whether the bullz or bearz take over is irrelevant; I'll be ready for the move. As I said last night, we are approaching the time when you have to start jumping back into the muddy water...