Friday, October 24, 2008

Will The Markets Crash Today?

Morning...Pre-market futures were halted this morning after more than a 6% decline. This is big news and should not be ignored today. Can anyone take a guess at what will happen after the halt is lifted...things are going to get sold again. I am a little disappointed at how much oil has dropped and the dollar has risen. We are printing money left and right in this country right now and still the dollar rises against other currencies (except the Yen right now). I still have a lot of time on my oil and dollar positions so baring any catastrophic decline, I will hold on to them through this downturn. Some traders are also taking about an emergency rate cute...which at this point I don't think will help much. Be on the lookout for existing home sales at 10am which will push the needle for sure...